In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, members of our business community are mobilizing their expertise, capabilities, and resources to assist with the relief and containment efforts in our community.
BUSINESS ANNOUNCEMENTS AND RESOURCES
In light of the current events, we understand that some small businesses are staying open to support the community. After assessing or capabilities and how we could help, we decided to make desktop Sneeze Guards available for a discounted, material-only fee of $45 whereas they would normally retail for $100+ depending on the style. For more information please call 480-284-5732.
May 19, 2020 - During this time, we are making a few changes to help out. We
- are suspending shutting off power to our customers for non-payment.
- are waiving late fees.
- set up a Customer Support Fund for customers who are past due and need assistance paying their bill.
March 20, 2020 - Launching ASU For You!
- Offering microgrants to the business community.
- The Better Business Bureau is offering free daily webinars for businesses on a wide variety of topics to help you navigate through questions and changes that are occurring. Each day has a theme from financing, motivation, wellness, etc. Please visit events.bbbcommunity.org. Past webinar recordings are also available on the page.
During these challenging times, you might be tempted to cease all of your brand marketing, advertising, and promotions. Don't.
Resist the knee-jerk reaction to put the brakes on your marketing. Let's brainstorm some ideas to engage your audience and keep your business top of mind.
- May 27, 2020 Emergency Proclamation Newsletter
- Mayor Mark Mitchell announces Emergency Proclamation to allow permits, at no charge, to Tempe businesses allowing for expansion of space
- May 20, 2020 Newsletter
- City of Tempe Carefully Plans to Reopen June 15th
- May 18, 2020 Newsletter
- Expands COVID-19 Testing for Another Five Days
- May 12, 2020 Newsletter
- Mayor Mark Mitchell Issues Emergency Proclamation
- May 12, 2020 Newsletter
- Reopening Some Park Amenities
The Tempe Fire and Rescue Department has put together a resource page.
COVID Safety Sign Package
Cobblestone is offering a FREE Express Exterior Car Wash for front-line Doctors, Nurses, Respiratory Therapists, Hospital Personnel, Police Officers, EMS and Firefighters with active ID. Thank you to our Arizona Heroes for being on the front line.
Crexendo is offering free video conferencing tools for business along with waived activation charges and more!
4/7/2020: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Dignity Health hospitals in Arizona are currently accepting community donations of cash or Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) through our hospital foundations. Those in the community who wish to help should please call ahead for information about helpful items, as well as safe drop off locations and times. Some pick-up is available. We ask the community to please refrain from bringing items into our hospitals or patient care settings. For more information on monetary and in-kind donations, please click here.
Contact information for donation coordination:
· Dignity Health Foundation – East Valley: 480.728.3931, email@example.com
· St. Joseph's Foundation: 602.406.1038, firstname.lastname@example.org
May 20, 2020: Two hours are FREE for on-street metered parking in Downtown Tempe. All off-street parking remains operational at regular rates
As our communities continue to respond and react, we felt that it was important to assure our clients that Elite Auto Repair is closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and is taking all precautions to continue to provide a safe and healthy environment for our employees & our clients.
We have implemented the following:
- Sanitation procedures followed throughout our facility on an hourly basis.
- Shuttle Vehicles, Loaner Vehicles and all Customer’s Vehicles “Touch Points” will be sanitized and wiped down upon drop off and prior to pick up (or utilization).
- We are adhering to social distancing recommendations by utilizing a kiosk drop off and electronic invoicing systems.
Our staff will be fully engaged in the effort to protect our guests and our staff during this difficult time.
As always, we appreciate your trust in our organization and the opportunity to serve your needs.
Now offering contactless curbside pick-up and in-restaurant dining and delivery.
Main Dining Room
Fri & Sat: 4PM-9PM
Fri & Sat: 12PM-9PM
UberEats & DoorDash
Fri & Sat: 12:30PM-8:30PM
Over the next few weeks, we are purchasing five $50 gift cards to local restaurants and businesses and selecting five winners throughout the week. Each business gets social media blasts every day in hopes to bring them support and recognition. Our hopes are to keep the small business around us alive and well during this crisis. For more information click the link above.
Given the advancement of the COVID-19 pandemic throughout the United States and recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have made the difficult decision to temporarily close all domestic Graduate Hotels effective March 20, 2020. While our team is deeply dedicated to serving both our guests and neighboring communities, we believe closing our hotels is critical for the health and safety of all at this time. We appreciate your support and understanding as we navigate this unprecedented time. We will continue to work closely with local government and health officials to monitor and assess this situation and look forward to serving our communities in the near future.
For any assistance or questions, I can be reached at 480-436-9934
Offering free advisory services to make sure that Arizona Business Owners have the most current and accurate info.
Hownd Surpasses $1.5 Million in Support Voucher Revenue for Local Merchants
International Minute Press - Tempe is running a yard sign special and banner special for anyone who may be printing for this year's high school or college graduating seniors!
For more information, email email@example.com or call 480-831-5999. Visit the link below for local business opportunities to shop and share! https://bouncebackusa.minuteman.com/locations/az/tempe/
The Treasury Department and IRS are extending the due date for Federal income tax payments due April 15, 2020, to July 15, 2020.
Stay up-to-date with Kyrene School resources for students and families
In response to COVID-19 and the increasing economic strains on our communities, we are going to be extending our Skip-A-Pay loan program. This will give our members the option to skip up to 3 months of their loan payments. During these uncertain times, we want to continue doing our part to support our membership and the communities we have been serving for over 65 years. If you are experiencing financial difficulty during please give us a call at (480) 967-9475.
What are your obligations to pay employees on sick leave? Can you ask employees to get tested for COVID-19?
Nancy Winters with LegalShield can help answers those questions and protect your business's rights during these times of uncertainty. Click here to learn more or reach out to Nancy today at 901-210-3194.
During this challenging time, we want you to know that the Maricopa Community Colleges are here to support you and your employees in any way that we can. Collectively, through our Workforce and Corporate Engagement teams and 10 community colleges, we offer an abundance of online training options to upskill employees and future job candidates and we plan to develop additional virtual offerings to serve your educational needs over the coming weeks.
- Online Courses: For employees looking to use this time to upskill, we have hundreds of online courses, both credit and non-credit, and our 10 colleges are actively transitioning many of their classes to an online format, meaning there are more opportunities than ever for employees to increase their skills from the comfort of their home offices. We will share a comprehensive list of these training opportunities in the coming days.
- Virtual Employee Training: As many of us transition to teleworking for the foreseeable future, now is an important time to keep your employees happy and engaged. We are available to host virtual training sessions with your teams to keep engagement levels high. Training topics include subjects such as “Making Virtual Teams Work” plus many more.
- Digital Recruiting and Messaging: We are aware that many of you are experiencing evolving staffing needs during this time. For organizations seeking to hire to keep up with increasing demand, we are here to support your urgent hiring needs through digital recruitment campaigns to our students, alumni, and community and via our job posting sites. Please click here for more information about these free resources available to you.
- Digital Employee Engagement Content: We also intend to help you navigate this unprecedented situation by producing and sharing helpful blog articles, webinars, and more to assist you and your employees with the unique challenges that you are facing today. Follow Maricopa Corporate College on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram, to stay up-to-date with our latest content for employee engagement.
Please complete as much information as you can. Submissions will be used for an open business guide iOS & Android smartphone application.
Tempe Community Action Agency (TCAA) is offering extra utility assistance for Tempe households. Residents do not need to have a disconnect notice to qualify. The application is available here or residents can contact TCAA during business hours at 480-389-1375.
What we doing and how we can help.
Through technology, adults and kids alike can explore attractions virtually. You can view videos from the Phoenix Zoo and Hall of Flame Fire Museum, complete arts-related activities from the Gallery at Tempe Center for the Arts and take a virtual tour of the ASU Tempe Campus.
TUHSD acknowledges the challenges businesses are facing and want to help. I will be compiling a list of businesses/organizations that are offering incentives, discounts, specials, any special hours, etc. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org the information you want to be listed and we will post the list on our “Meet Our Partners” page of the website, employee discount page, and perhaps through social media.
Offering to help any local restaurants in delivering meals to first responders, hospitals, and other organizations in need. For more information please visit their website at twomenphoenixcentral.com or contact their office at 602.456.7882.
If you wish to donate to assist our efforts in responding to the COVID-19 crisis, please consider making a secure credit card gift to the United Food Bank at give.unitedfoodbank.org. United Food Bank is still accepting volunteers. Click link above for more information on their COVID-19 response.
The University of Dubuque is now offering classes online beginning April 28, 2020. Please contact Robert Zavala for more information regarding these classes and how you can get started at 480-378-6914 (Office) or 602-758-4363 (Cell).
Employers impacted by COVID-19 Restrictions Can Offer Workforce Compassionate Transition Assistance During Layoffs
Yoga for Today is pleased to bring movement to you! Beginning on March 21st, we will have online classes. By offering online classes we are continuing in our mission to create a time and space for your self-care. To learn more about us and sign up, click here - https://www.yogafortoday.net/classes