Claims Administrative Support Specialist
On the off chance you've thought about insurance, it's likely because you've insured something you love, not because you love your insurance company. Metromile is out to change that. As an insurtech powered by data science and customer centric-design, we’re building a community of drivers who come for the savings and stay for the experience.
With technology at its core, Metromile is reimagining insurance to make it fairer and actually delightful. We’re obsessed with savings, service, and features -- street sweeping alerts, monthly mileage summaries, fuel trackers and more -- that engage a customer all along their journey. We’re at the forefront of disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category that has gone unchanged for over 80 years.
Metromile’s diverse team combines the best of Silicon Valley technologists with veterans from Fortune 500 insurers and financial services giants. This management structure ensures that the business is focused on growth, customer experience, and technology innovation while also balancing unit economics and profitability. The team is growing quickly across its San Francisco, Tempe, and Boston offices. Our customer service, claims, and sales teams are all based in-house in the US.
Named a Glassdoor Best Place to Work two years in a row, our CEO consistently has a 95+ percent approval rating; nearly 90% say they’d recommend Metromile to a friend.
About the Claims Administrative Support Specialist role
As a Claims Admin Support Specialist, you will support various areas of the claims organization. You will use your organizational skills to manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments. If you’re tired of the status quo and want to be part of a forward-thinking claims organization on the cutting edge of technology, we want to speak with you!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all incoming and outgoing mail
- Process and index all claims related documents
- Maintain inventory of supplies for office staff
- Assist the claims department with processing incoming and outgoing subrogation. This will include reviewing demands from other carriers for payment and pursuing other carriers or parties when our policyholder is owed money as a result of the claim.
- Assist the claims department with the handling of total loss vehicles. This will include monitoring salvage vehicles, obtaining all necessary forms, paying salvage invoices and processing proceeds.
- This is a full-time, entry-level administrative support role
- 1-2 years auto claims experience or related administrative experience
- High School diploma required; Associate’s degree preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-managed, highly motivated, flexible, and confident
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, and able to multi-task
- Able to work well under deadlines in a high-paced, changing environment
What’s in it for you
- Highly competitive hourly rate
- Excellent benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Generous PTO package
- Monthly gym membership stipend
- Company-sponsored team outings
- Rare opportunity to be part of a San Francisco-based start-up growing in Arizona
Tempe, AZ 85282