Marketing & Event Coordinator
• Provide assistance in special event and monthly event planning and execution.
• Develop and execute marketing campaigns for special events and programs.
• Develop and distribute weekly e-newsletter communications.
• Take the lead in updating community calendars and news boards with Chamber events news.
• Produce and update content for the Chamber website.
• Assist with social media postings while providing a clear and consistent voice.
• Create and gather content followed by distributing e-communications.
• Drafts editorials and coordinates content for the blog, In Business Magazine and Wrangler News inserts.
• Solicits and coordinates member advertising
• Implement and track all membership advertisement including website ads and e-communication sponsorships.
• Serves as a staff liaison for Tempe Leadership.
• Provide support to membership recruitment and retention by assisting with new members and ribbon cutting events.
• Provide general administrative support including member directory and CRM assistance.
• Answer phone and office inquiries with positivity and distribute calls or leads to the proper staff when applicable.
• Responsible for maintaining the day-to-day office environment and a point of contact for phone and walk-in guests.
• Serve as an ambassador for the Chamber in the community.
• Extremely organized, self-motivated, creative, detail-oriented and deadline driven.
• Strong, positive work ethic & ability to work in a team environment.
• Strong customer service focus with relationship-building abilities.
• Affinity for working with community volunteer leaders and committees.
• Display a positive, do-whatever-it takes attitude.
• Ability to juggle multiple projects at one time.
• Understanding of the digital media landscape, including various social media platforms.
• Experience with the creation of email campaigns and online surveys.
• Experience with event planning & coordination including pre and post-event surveys and communications.
• Demonstrable Internet proficiency including Search Engine Optimization and solid knowledge of website analytics tools.
• Top notch written and verbal communication skills.
• Familiarity with Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point) and graphic design skills in Adobe InDesign (or equivalent).
• Eye for layout and design in print or digital communications is a plus.
• Knowledge of and familiarity with Tempe is a plus.
• Valid driver’s license and ability to lift 50 pounds.
• Flexibility to work occasional evening and weekend hours, general work hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Salary: $13.50 - $17.00/hour
• Full Benefits
• Fun, fast-paced working environment
Tempe, AZ 85282