Arizona Fun ServicesEmail
To represent the Chamber and its members though mentoring, guidance, visibility and by communicating the Chamber’s vision and goals in the business community.
• Help new members learn about the benefits of belonging to the Chamber and encourage them to become active members.
• Represent the Chamber as the official hosts at ribbon cuttings, grand openings and other events.
• Help the Chamber recruit new members and retain existing members through orientation and introductions to current members.
Business Development Council
To develop and update business knowledge resources offered by the Tempe Chamber and to empower businesses to grow and thrive.
- Evaluate members’ business needs and assess how to best provide resources to fit these needs.
- Enrich the informational and educational programs that the chamber currently offers.
- Provide mentoring opportunities to allow members to benefit from expert knowledge and advice.
- Facilitate network development through the Coffee Connection program.
- Inform and train members on topics of the most importance to businesses.
- Continue the successes that the Chamber has created through its Hot Topics and Lunch program.
- Advise on potential Chamber benefit programs.
Business Excellence Awards
TCH - The Centers for Habilitation
To identify and recognize companies who exemplify excellence in business development, employee development, community involvement and customer service.
- Identify best practices that organizations can use as a barometer of their success.
- Create appropriate categories
- Solicit and review nominations.
- Select and honor the Business Excellence Awards recipients at an annual celebration.
Business Owners Forum
Good Works Auto RepairEmail
To facilitate owner-to-owner information sharing in an environment that promotes confidential and open dialogue with the purpose of solving challenges faced by business owners, as well as to share insights and ideas to enhance your business and foster a viable economic climate.
- Provide monthly meetings with timely and valuable topics of discussion for business owners.
- Provide an opportunity for business owners to network with other local business owners.
- Keep business owners up to date on current topics affecting the business community.
Government Relations and Transportation
To make a bottom-line impact for members by advocating for a favorable business climate through interactive public policy engagement, and providing ongoing representation and information in government at local, state and federal levels.
- Analyze and develop a public policy agenda on issues that affect members of the business community based on member input.
- Lobby elected and appointed officials on Chamber issues.
- Maintain and enhance the Chamber’s presence at the Arizona Legislature.
- Host issue forums and candidate debates throughout the year with City, County, State, and Federal elected and appointed officials.
- Meet with and develop relationships with Tempe congressional representatives.
- Work with other business organizations on common priority issues.
- Disseminate information through newsletters, website and social media.
- As needed, utilize an ad-hoc local government subcommittee to research local issues and/or create local position statements.
- Represent the business community as an advocate for multi-modal transportation.
- Working collaboratively with other chambers in the East Valley Chambers of Commerce Alliance
To act as representatives for the Tempe Chamber of Commerce and the city of Tempe. To promote good fellowship and mutual understanding for and with the United States military communities. The committee is open to the public and past or current military service is not a requirement to join.
- Facilitate a favorable and mutually rewarding relationship between the business community and military units in the Valley.
- Host awards luncheons where an outstanding member of the National Guard or Reserve receives recognition for his or her service.
- Host an annual trip that is open to public.
- Increase membership and committee attendance at Tempe Chamber mixers
- Honor and recognize local high school and college students in the ROTC programs.
To identify a diverse group of emerging leaders and foster their leadership skills through education and experiences with exposure and service to the community of Tempe and beyond.
∙ Facilitate involvement in the Tempe community to sustain qualified citizens, employees and leaders to keep our community strong and vibrant.
∙ Educate Tempe citizens on programs, services, businesses and government agencies available in the Tempe community.
∙ Develop long-lasting service to the Tempe community through yearly projects benefiting the citizens and visitors of Tempe.
Women in Business Council
To foster the growth and success of women in business through ongoing personal and professional development, in order to improve Tempe businesses and the community.
- Organize and plan seminars featuring empowering and inspiring speakers to help individuals, with a focus on women, to explore self-discovery and mastery.
- Provide networking opportunities to meet with other business professionals.
- Ensure the continued viability of the Women in Business Conference and its mission of focusing on reaching, achieving and celebrating success.
- Sustain a dynamic mentor program to develop high potential Tempe Chamber of Commerce members by coaching them to reach and achieve their full potential.
- Select and pay tribute to the Business Woman of the Year, celebrated at the Women in Business Conference.
What the Sales Leader of the Year Wants You to Know About Sales
Story and photos by Chris Samuels For nearly 40 years, Karla Boyles has been involved in selling one thing or another....
Tempe Chamber Announces Business Woman of the Year Finalists
TEMPE, Ariz. – The Tempe Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce three finalists for the 22nd annual Business Woman of the...
Flame Broiler Aims to Bring Healthy, Affordable Food to Tempe
Story and photos by Chris Samuels, Tempe Chamber of Commerce Tempe, Ariz. — A couple from California looking to bring something...
Tools for Business SuccessRead A Tip