What is the Women In Business Council?
To foster the growth and success of women in business through ongoing personal and professional development, in order to improve Tempe businesses and the community.
- Organize and plan seminars featuring empowering and inspiring speakers to help individuals explore self-discovery and mastery.
- Provide networking opportunities to meet with other business professionals.
- Ensure the continued viability of the Leadership Conference and its mission of reaching, achieving and celebrating success.
- Sustain a dynamic mentoring program to develop high potential Tempe Chamber of Commerce members by coaching them to reach for and achieve their full potential.
- Select and pay tribute to the Business Woman of the Year, celebrated at the Leadership Conference.
We demonstrate our commitment to both the Chamber’s mission and the WIB Council’s purpose by offering a Mentoring Program. The Mentoring Program was created in order to assist women and men in reaching and achieving their personal and professional goals and to create an environment in which they can prosper and celebrate their success.
Mentoring can best be described as a relationship between two individuals in which a more accomplished person (the Mentor) assists a less accomplished person (the Protégé) in an area where the protégé is less experienced or desires direction and coaching. To learn more about this year's Mentoring Program, read the full overview.
Leadership Speaker Series
The Leadership Speaker Series is designed to give attendees real-world perspectives from experienced public and private sector leaders. Four powerful expert speakers will inspire, educate and motivate participants to grow and succeed in their professional careers.
The 2021 series will take place on four consecutive Fridays at 8:00 am: January 22, January 29, February 5 and February 12. Stay tuned for this year’s speaker line-up and registration details!
Each year in late May, the Tempe Chamber and Women in Business Council host a half-day Leadership Conference spotlighting some of the Valley’s most pristine and unique leaders in their respective industries, all while helping attendees achieve a new level of confidence and a greater sense of ownership over their own leadership potential.
The Leadership Conference is a great way for business leaders to network and is a great platform for leaders from around the Valley to exchange opinions and information, allowing for a continuous, interactive discussions on tomorrow’s challenges.
The conference includes the Mentoring Program graduation ceremony and the afternoon ends with the Business Woman of the Year finalists videos and naming of this year's recipient. Look for more infomation on our Signature Events page!
Business Woman of the Year
Since 1996, the Tempe Chamber of Commerce has celebrated the Businesswoman of the Year Award. This award was established to recognize an outstanding businesswoman who has positively affected the Tempe community and the Tempe Chamber of Commerce.
- Demonstrate excellence in their field
- Display leadership in the community
- Serve as a positive role model
- Be active in programs and activities in the community and the Tempe Chamber
For more information on how to get involved with the Women in Business Council, email email@example.com.
WOMEN IN BUSINESS PLATINUM SPONSOR
WOMEN IN BUSINESS COPPER SPONSORS
To learn more about how your business can support the Women in Business Council or one of it's programs,
please review our Sponsor At A Glance packages.